TmaxSoft Drives APAC Expansion with Six Key Appointments in Region
Next phase of company’s aggressive Asian expansion strategy kicks off with key appointments to drive growth by focusing on APAC markets
HONG KONG – April 19, 2017 - TmaxSoft, a global software innovator focused on cloud, infrastructure, and legacy modernization, has appointed new country managers in six APAC markets to drive growth in Asia’s emerging and developed economies. According to Gartner, APAC IT spending will grow by 4.5 percent in 2017. With the new appointments, TmaxSoft is positioned to tap into this growth with a sales and business development focused approach.
Innovative enterprise software is vital as organizations across APAC, in both established markets and emerging economies, look to expand their capabilities to drive continued growth. The new TmaxSoft country managers in the region are:
- China: Alex Songnan Li joins the company with more than 25 years of experience at companies such as Multinational and China SOE. Previously, Li held positions at Microsoft, Gtech, Compaq, Sun Micro and DEC where he focused on strategic business development in the Greater China Region.
- Hong Kong: Owen Chong, a 20-year veteran in the IT industry, joins TmaxSoft from CA Technologies, where he was Solution Director in DevOps. He has also held senior sales positions at Microsoft, Oracle, and Fujitsu.
- Japan: Kent Asai joins TmaxSoft following more than 20 years of experience driving strategic, customer-centric growth at tech companies including Ericsson, Amdocs, Nihon UNISYS, and others.
- Malaysia: Yew Hou Ho, most recently a Senior Sales Director at Oracle, joins TmaxSoft with almost three decades of experience in IT, including work as Senior Manager at IBM.
- Taiwan: Jeffrey Tu joins TmaxSoft from Oracle, where he was a Sales Director. Tu has 20 years of experience in the Technology and Cloud solutions business. He is tasked with leading the company’s expansion in the growing Taiwan market.
- Thailand: Sirinuch (Bie) Sararuch joins the company from IBM, where most recently she was a Business Development & Channel Sales Leader in ASEAN covering six countries in Southeast Asia. Prior to IBM, she held various roles in the Oracle Channel Development & Sales Management team both in Thailand and the ASEAN region over the last decade.
Taiwan’s Jeffrey Tu emphasized the country’s dynamism as an emerging economy as a prime opportunity to establish market share in the evolving market.
“Many organizations in Taiwan are just coming to grips with the ways sophisticated enterprise software can help them perform and compete better,” Tu said. “TmaxSoft offers these organizations the possibility of skipping all the legacy infrastructure in which many in more developed economies now find themselves constrained. I look forward to sharing my experience to help accelerate that process and help these organizations move to a more innovative IT infrastructure with all the support they need.”
In mature IT markets like Hong Kong, TmaxSoft offers a valuable alternative to incumbent solutions, according to Owen Chong, new Hong Kong Country Manager.
“Like many of the most developed countries for ICT, incumbents can stifle IT performance,” Chong said. “TmaxSoft products, such as the Tibero enterprise database and OpenFrame for mainframe modernization, provide a much-needed alternative to these standard solutions, and I am excited to see how far we can take them.”
According to Joshua Yulish, Global CEO at TmaxSoft, 2016 was a strategically important year for the company as it seized on opportunities to grow in the infrastructure and database markets to become a truly global company. To continue this trajectory of growth in 2017, Yulish said it was important to hire personnel with experience and success at the highest levels.
“It’s no coincidence that we’ve appointed proven senior sales and business development people to lead operations in these new markets,” Yulish said. “Our new country managers have succeeded at some of the most respected companies in the industry and will help TmaxSoft continue to disrupt the status quo as we offer our more customer-friendly alternative to the global marketplace.”
TmaxSoft has also appointed new country managers in Europe to drive localized growth in France, the DACH region, and Spain.
About TmaxSoft, Inc.
TmaxSoft is a global software innovator focused on cloud, infrastructure and legacy modernization, with solutions that offer enterprise CIOs viable alternatives to support their global IT powerhouses and drive competitive advantage. Tibero is the best enterprise RDBMS for the Virtual Data Center. OpenFrame is a legacy rehosting solution that enables mainframe applications, resources and data to be migrated to a less expensive, high performance open or cloud system while reducing TCO and minimizing risk of migration. JEUS is the first Web Application Server in the world to be J2EE 1.4, JAVA EE 5, and JAVA EE 6 Certified, and delivers improved security over traditional WAS. TmaxSoft was founded in 1997 in South Korea and today has over 1,000 employees in 20 strategic centers around the world. The company’s global headquarters is located in Chicago. Please visit www.tmaxsoft.com for more information.
# # #
Harvey Henao, Tech Image
T: (312) 673-6059